“We gotta lock-in the Linked In’zzz…” I couldn’t pass on this awesome video from Current, discussing LinkedIn. The song at the end is hilarious (“you got to link yo’ ass up!”) and there are some valid points regarding recommendations and what people actually do/don’t do on LinkedIn. However – I’m disturbed by the portrayal of the ‘head-hunter’… is that how you all really view us recruiting professionals? If so – we need to seriously clean up our act. Enjoy!
Awesome video, based on research from the new book Socialnomics. One of my favorite stats is the one about Facebook being the 4th largest country in the world if you counted its members as citizens, and yet China’s QZone is larger, with over 300MM users. Wake-up call for those who’ve never even heard of QZone. Social Media extends w-a-a-a-a-y beyond the Western Hemisphere and is much, much more sophisticated and far-reaching than what most of us could have ever imagined.
- 80% of companies are using LinkedIn as their primary tool to find employees
- 80% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices
- 25% of search results for the world’s top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content (if you think you own your brand, you are sadly mistaken!)
- Only 14% of consumers trust advertisements
- Successful companies in social media act more like party planners, aggregators, and content providers than traditional advertisers.
This is the future, folks! You can either accept it and try to adapt, or you can get left in the dust. It’s your choice.
This video contains some updated stats from the original Did You Know? video based on research done by Karl Fisch, Scott McLeod, and Jeff Brenman. Enjoy!
(hat-tip to my colleague Rowno for passing this along to me)